You’re invited to help GSWPA plan and prepare for this incredible milestone! Joining a 100th Anniversary committee is a great way for Alumna and Volunteers to reconnect with Girl Scouting in a flexible and accommodating position that fits your interests.
Some of the unique opportunities available include:
- Grand Celebration: throughout the weekend of Aug. 17-19, 2012, Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania (GSWPA) will culminate the 100th Anniversary with a Grand Celebration in Pittsburgh, PA. We anticipate 7-9,000 participants, including Girl Scouts, volunteers, alumnae and supporters from all over the state who will take part in activities. GSWPA needs your help to make this event a success. Contact Alexis Yakemovic at email@example.com to become part of this once in a lifetime event.
- History & Archive Committee: help preserve and display historic Girl Scout materials.
- Speaker’s Bureau: Share your Girl Scout Story, and connect with other Girl Scout Alumnae, through presentations in your community.
- Special Event Committees: Help make GSWPA’s alumnae and fundraising events a success.
- 100th Anniversary Program Committees: Help with the planning and development of special programs to celebrate 100 years of Girl Scouting
When you join GSWPA’s Alumnae Association you have the opportunity to learn more about these volunteer opportunities. Or, if you are already part of the Alumnae Association, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the 100th Anniversary Volunteer Opportunity that interests you!