- Home »
Once a Girl Scout, Always a Girl Scout!
You were once a Girl Scout. You hiked trails and camped out under the stars. You canvassed your neighborhood to sell Trefoils and Thin Mints. You learned to lead. You made sit-upons and best friends. You learned what it means to be patriotic and to respect your flag.
Did you know?
- 80 percent of women business owners were Girl Scouts.
- 69 percent of female U.S. Senators and 67 percent of female members of the U.S. House of Representatives were Girl Scouts.
- Virtually every female astronaut who has flown in space was a Girl Scout.
- There are currently an estimated 59 million Girl Scout Alumnae living in the U.S.
Why should you join the Alumnae Association?
- Network. Connect with women who are leaders – of households, communities, businesses and government. The Girl Scout experience is your common thread with women from a range of backgrounds, education levels and professions. No other networking opportunity will connect you with as many engaging and interesting perspectives.
- Meet, or become, a mentor. The Girl Scouts Alumnae Association introduces young professionals to potential mentors and sponsors to help them reach new career heights.
- Be heard. As a member of the Alumnae Association, you can help shape the group’s priorities. Just as Girl Scouting is girl-led, our Alumnae Association is led by its membership.
- Have fun! All the fun and friendship you experienced as a Girl Scout is possible once again as a member of our Alumnae Association. You’ll enjoy travel, camp weekends and engaging programs with friends – both new and old.
- Change the world. Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania is part of a national effort, called ToGetHerThere, to create gender-balanced leadership in a single generation. If we are going to shatter the glass ceiling once and for all, we need your help to raise awareness, raise expectations and advocate for girls nationwide.
- Belong. Diversity was the founding idea of Girl Scouting in 1912. As a member of the Alumnae Association, you are once again part of a supportive, all-girl environment that accepts you and lets you try on a variety of leadership roles.
- Save. Receive a 15% discount on your Alumna Lapel Pin (#29004) at GSWPA council shops or at the Online Shop using coupon code Alum15, and more savings coming soon.
Stay connected with GSWPA, add yourself to our list of growing Alumnae.
According to a study by the Girl Scout Research Institute, Girl Scouting Works: The Alumnae Impact Study, women who were Girl Scouts as children display significantly more positive life outcomes than non-Girl Scout alumnae. (Learn more about the study.)
Get back in touch with the organization who helped to make you who you are today. Connect with the GSWPA Alumnae Association on Facebook to upload your photos, share stories and meet other GS alumnae like you.
Our Special Events are also great places to meet other Girl Scout greats like you.