LeadHER Mentoring Program
Empower girls to be leaders. Mentor a girl through our LeadHer Mentoring Program.
Share your passion for your career by becoming a GSWPA mentor. As a mentor:
- introduce a Girl Scout to the workplace,
- empower her to dream without gender limitations, and
- help her think imaginatively about family, work, and community life.
Women & men who volunteered as mentors in the LeadHER program have had a tremendous impact in the lives of Girl Scouts in just half a day.
- Girls meet their mentors at work.
- Girls and mentors attend the Girl Scouts Awards of Distinction luncheon.
- After lunch, all mentors and girls participate in a round table Q&A discussion.
Through this small investment of time – just a few hours – mentors give young women the experience and confidence they need to make informed decisions about career options.
While mentors and Girl Scouts are together only a short time, studies show the importance of fostering these connections. A Girl Scout Research Institute study found that girls’ future career choices are more influenced by inspiring role models than by academic interests.