Plain is boring. Bling your booth!
Spice up your booth sales and get a chance at winning Girl Scout shop certificates OR $250 for your troop! All you have to do is let girls use their imagination and get creative about ways to get customers to line up around the block to visit your booth!
Troops can enter two different contests, one run by GSWPA and one run by Girl Scouts of the USA.
Here's how to enter
1. Take a photo of your troop in action at your booth.
2. To enter the GSWPA contest, send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Bling Your Booth Contest." Include your troop number, Girl Scout level, city/town and leader's information in your email. Deadline to enter is March 28.
3. Check the GSWPA Facebook page the week of March 28, where all the Bling Your Booth submissions will be posted. Vote for your favorite by "liking" the photo of the blinged-out booth. The top three troops with the most "likes" will receive certificates to our Girl Scout shop!
4. Next, upload your photo to the Girl Scouts of the USA Facebook page for a chance to win $250 for your troop. Vote for your favorite booth (you can vote once per hour). The deadline to enter the GSUSA contest is April 23.
Here are some ideas for how to Bling Your Booth:
- Pick an original cookie booth theme, like tropical, girl power, a favorite movie--it's up to you!
- Use unique color combinations, create fun posters and signs, and add decorations to fit with your theme and draw attention to your booth.
- Incorporate things girls want their customers to know about the cookies: promotion of the 5 Skills (Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills, and Business Ethics), 5 for Five Customer Contest, Operation: Sweet Appreciation, and troop goals.
- Dress up and use colored lights to invite customers to a cookie party!
- Have fun with it! Add anything that makes your booth stand out from the crowd.
- Look for other ideas and clip art from www.littlebrownie.com or Pinterest.