Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Full-time position based out of our Pittsburgh, North Shore office.
The Development Associate’s primary responsibility is active support of the Fund Development team, including logistics for special event fundraising initiatives, execution of individual annual giving campaigns for gifts under $500, and assistance with the foundation & grant cycle of applications and reports.
- Support special event fundraising initiatives to include venue and vendors logistics; write and edit event scripts and program book content; coordinate online registration; and work with committee volunteers;
- Support the annual giving strategy and help execute annual giving campaigns; increase participation in monthly giving programs; and help with donor stewardship and recognition events;
- Assist with grant proposal and reporting process to include prospecting, letters of inquiry, communication with funders on deadlines, relationship building, applications, and program analysis/narratives; and
- Help maintain the integrity of data in the donor database with record cleanup, imports, and annual updates.
- Minimum of 2 years of college education;
- 1 - 2 years of fundraising or communications experience;
- Proficient in Outlook and Word and working knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of GiftWorks and/or other donor databases preferred;
- Knowledge of Constant Contact and/or other e-marketing platforms preferred;
- Able to learn new technical tools to support the job;
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills;
- Able to prioritize tasks, problem-solve, work under pressure, and adapt to change;
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain confidentiality;
- Candidate must possess a can-do mentality, be responsible, and be a lifelong learner.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 27, 2018.