Position: Fund Development Internship, Summer 2018
For Credit or Professional Development Experience Only
Our Fund Development internship provides an excellent opportunity for current undergraduate students to develop or strengthen their experience in nonprofit fundraising through hands-on learning. This internship is ideal for rising Juniors and Seniors. In addition to a survey of our organization’s mission, history, brand, and the fundraising that supports our work, interns will build basic technical proficiency in:
- Constant Contact, e-marketing platform
- Salesforce, membership CRM
- GiftWorks, donor CRM
- Wufoo, cloud-based custom form-builder
Position: Fund Development Intern
Up to two internships available for summer 2018
Internship Location: Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania Corporate Office, Pittsburgh
Internship Job Description:
Specific internship projects will depend upon the time of year and the students’ strengths and skills they wish to develop. In general, interns will work with the following Fund Development team members:
Director, Fund Development
- Help with solicitations of corporate sponsorships for fundraising events and programs.
- Learn to create and update event webpages, ticketing sites, and marketing emails.
- Support the management of sponsor benefits.
Manager, Foundation & Agency Grants
- Assist with the grant proposal & reporting process, including document procurement, communication with funders on deadlines, and updating reports.
- Learn about the grant management cycle including prospecting, letters of inquiry, relationship building, applications, and program analysis/narratives.
Manager, Annual Giving & Major Gifts
- Develop solicitation copy, messaging, and design for annual giving campaigns.
- Learn donor database navigation, reporting, and basic updates.
- Provide planning and day-of logistic support at donor cultivation meetings and events.
- Must be able to obtain Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Professional verbal communication skills
- Strong writing skills (business communication, e-mails, draft stories, etc.)
- Good at problem-solving and self-guided work
- Marketing & Communications background a plus
- Comfort with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel a plus;
Application deadline: Monday April 30
Submit a cover cover and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.