You already know Girl Scouts is fun and awesome—help us spread the word!
GSWPA is looking for girls to join our Media Team to represent the Girl Scouts organization in your community.
Girls (Junior through Senior) may apply. No experience necessary!
What will girls do as part of the Media Team?
Depending on their interests and skills, girls can expect to:
- Participate in TV, radio, and newspaper interviews
- Write articles and submit photos for the GSWPA blog or newsletters
- Create videos to promote Girl Scout programs and mission
- Represent the council at high-profile events in the community, including speaking engagements and appearances
- Conduct official flag ceremonies
- Report on special Girl Scout events during the year
What are the participation requirements?
- Be a Junior, Cadette, Senior or Ambassador Girl Scout registered for the 2016-2017 school year
- Agree to a one-year participation commitment
- Have a full Girl Scout uniform (vest or sash, white blouse, khaki pants)
- Attend one Media Team training session provided by GSWPA and local media experts (dates to be announced)
No experience necessary! Girls will be selected for media opportunities based on their skills, interests and availability.
To apply, complete the Media Team Application by November 10 at gswpa.org. You will be contacted after that date about the next steps in the process. If you have questions, please contact Lisa Shade at 800-248-3355 or email@example.com.