Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania (GSWPA) is participating in The Pittsburgh Foundation’s Day of Giving—a 16-hour, online giving event created to inspire philanthropy in our region.
The Day of Giving will take place Tuesday, May 3 from 8 a.m. to midnight. Online donations can be made to GSWPA during this 16-hour period through pittsburghgives.org, butlergives.org or westmorelandgives.org.
Why give? When you support Girl Scouts, you’re supporting girls on a mission to make the world a better place.
Big changes can start with just one girl. You may be surprised to learn that these projects were created, developed, and executed by girls earning the Gold Award, the highest achievement in Girl Scouting:
- A community garden that provides 200 pounds of food to a local food pantry, helping serve 550 families in need
- The construction of a wheelchair-accessible boardwalk extension over wetlands in North Park that serves as an observation point to learn about the area’s delicate ecosystem
- Free self-defense training in Mount Lebanon for girls preparing to leave for college
- Transforming 700 square feet of weeds into five demonstration gardens
- Creating a rain garden in Mount Washington to stop deterioration of a roadway and filter polluted runoff
Invest in GSWPA through Pittsburgh Gives and help girls build the confidence to become the next generation of empowered and resourceful women who will continue to make the world a better place.