GSWPA 2016 Tour of England, Ireland and Wales
Spend 9 days exploring cities like Killarney, Dublin, and London along with a visit to Pax Lodge!
- Girls (ages 14-18 at the time of travel) $4,368 – application deadline extended to Oct. 31, 2014
- Adults (2 advisors will be selected) $600 – application due Sept. 15, 2014
Pricing is dependent on 6 girl travelers. Girl price will decrease with additional travelers.
- Departure Date: Tuesday, Jul 05, 2016
- Return Date: Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016
- Deadline to apply: October 31, 2014 (Adult Advisors – Sept. 15)
*Please note: Lunches (as noted on the itinerary) and a suggested tipping amount for the tour director, local guides, and bus drivers are not included. If GSWPA recruits more than six girls, the cost of the girl program price will decrease. (This is the highest program fee that would be charged to cover mandatory chaperone spots.)
About EF ToursEvery EF Tours includes airfare, ground transportation, comfortable hotel accommodations, breakfast and dinner daily, a full-time tour director and local guides, and the most extensive safety and security regulations in the industry. EF also offers the lowest prices, guaranteed, as well as unparalleled support for Girl Scout leaders, girls and their parents, making it easy, safeand affordable for your girls to experience the very best historic, cultural and natural sights in the world.
Step One: Apply with Council
- Girl Application for International Travel (924 KB)
- Adult Advisor Application for International Travel (288.13 KB)
Complete the council application for international travel above and send to:
Travel and Events Manager
Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
5681 Rt 6N, Edinboro, PA 16412
Please include a $100 application fee by Oct. 31, 2014. Upon acceptance, a $345 deposit is due to council.
Step Two: Pay Your Deposit
Once you have been accepted as a participant, $345 is due to to GSWPA. This includes your enrollment fee to EF Tours.
Payment Schedule to Council:
* $100 application fee (only refundable if not selected)
* $345 non-refundable deposit due before Nov. 20, 2014
* $150 due 45 days after enrollment
* $150 15 months prior to tour
* $200 due 10 months prior to tour
* Final payment due 130 days prior to departure
Money Earning Activities
We also know that money-earning is a large part of planning any trip! You'll be working with your fellow travelers and your Trip Advisors on planning money-earning activities to help reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
From learning about goal-setting and budgeting to team-building and event-planning, you can learn life skills while preparing for your tour. EF Tours has gathered many money-earning ideas and resources from years of working with group leaders and Girl Scouts and they invite you to "take a look": www.eftours.com/gsfundraising.
GSWPA's Travel Pathway Committee, supported by council, will also be available for guidance as you plan your trip and your money-earning activities.
*Scholarships are available through GSWPA following fundraising.
Please note: EF Tours offers an optional All-Inclusive Coverage Plan for $155. Payment is due immediately along with your $95 enrollment fee and is paid directly to EF Tours. Council International Extended Event Insurance is included in your cost.
* 150 days or more prior to departure: Full refund less the $345 deposit, $100 application fee and a $300 cancellation fee.*
* 149 to 110 days prior to departure: Full refund less the $345 deposit, $100 application fee and a $300 cancellation fee.*
* 109 to 30 days prior to departure: Full refund less the $345 deposit, $100 application fee and 50% of the Program Fee.*
* 29 days or less prior to departure: No refund will be issued.