Nominate a Girl of Distinction
Call for Nominations for Girl of Distinction Award
Deadline December 31, 2013
Pictured left to right: Tiffany Trunk, 2013 Humanitarian Award recipient; Pat Burkart, GSWPA Chief Executive Officer; and 2013 Girl of Distinction Award winner Jocelyn Perry.
Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania (GSWPA) will present the 2013 Awards of Distinction at a luncheon on, Friday, May 16, 2014, at the Omni William Penn downtown Pittsburgh.
The Awards of Distinction Luncheon event will recognize two Girl Scouts in the following categories:
The Girl of Distinction is a current Girl Scout who:
- is active in her community and education institution
- exhibits strong leadership efforts through school functions, Girl Scout activities
- continues to strive for higher learning
- emulates a healthy lifestyle for herself
The Girl Scout Humanitarian Award is a current Girl Scout who:
- demonstrates outstanding volunteer community service
- promotes friendship, cooperation and community spirit among all people
- displays compassion, self-sacrifice, leadership, and creativity in her humanitarian work for their classmates, schools, communities or charitable organizations
Nominees for both awards should be in high school grades 9-12 and should reside in the Allegheny, Beaver and Butler service areas.
Submission Requirements: Mail or email a letter of recommendation which outlines the nominee’s leadership qualifications for a specific award. Additionally, please include a head shot photo to:
Or mail to:
Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
30 Isabella Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Deadline for Submission: December 31, 2013
Selection: Honoree selections are the responsibility of the Awards of Distinction Committee, which is comprised of a diverse group of professional and community volunteers.
Benefits: Recipients of the Girl Scout Girl of Distinction and Humanitarian award will receive a $500 scholarship toward her academic pursuits.