Girl Scouts presents Awards of Distinction
Public Relations Manager
1-800-248-3355 X 1427
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pittsburgh—Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania (GSWPA) will honor outstanding service and leadership to the Pittsburgh community at the annual Awards of Distinction luncheon on Friday, May 16, 2014, at the Omni William Penn, 530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh. Reception begins at 11:30 a.m. with luncheon and program to follow at noon.
The 2014 honorees in each category are:
- Arts & Education: Marilyn Michalka Egan, PhD, Pittsburgh Opera
- Athletics: Swin Cash, Pittsburgh Native, WNBA Player – Chicago Sky
- Business: Susan Baker Shipley, Huntington Bank
- Community & Non-Profit: Patricia Siger, United Way of Allegheny County
- Entrepreneur & Small Business: Lani Lazzari, Simple Sugars
- Government & Law: Patricia Dodge, Meyer, Unkovic & Scott LLP
- Health Care: Candi Castleberry-Singleton, UPMC Center for Inclusion
- Technology & Communication: Patricia Rote, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
Corporation of Distinction, Humanitarian Award, and Girl of Distinction will be announced at the event.
Dr. Ellen Roth, president and co-founder of Getting to the Point Inc., serves as the 2014 Honorary Chair of the event’s committee, which is comprised of former Women of Distinction award recipients and Girl Scout champions:
- Ritchie Battle
- Tracy Certo, Pop City
- Linda Dickerson, 501( c )(3)2
- Ann Dugan, University of Pittsburgh
- Karen Wolk Feinstein, PhD, Jewish Healthcare Foundation
- Hilda Pang Fu, Luminari, Inc.
- Sylvia V. Hill-Fields, Eden Hall Foundation
- Elsie Hillman, Elsie H. Hillman Foundation
- Diane P. Holder, UPMC Health Plan
- Margaret P. Joy, McCarthy McDonald Schulberg & Joy
- Anne Lewis, Board Chair, Oxford Development Company
- Catherine Loevner, Catherine and Mark H. Loevner Family Foundation
- Aradhna M. Oliphant, Leadership Pittsburgh Inc.
- Peggy Morrison Outon, Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management
- Valerie McDonald Roberts, Allegheny County Department of Real Estate
- Jeannette E. South-Paul, MD, UPMC
Sally Wiggin, host of WTAE Chronicle, will serve as emcee. The event is presented by the Eden Hall Foundation.
Tickets are available at gswpa.org\donate for $75 each or $650 for a table of ten.
About Girl Scouts:
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of theUSA is the preeminent leadership experience for girls and is the leading authority on girls' healthy development. Girl Scouts builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. The 3-million-member organization serves girls from every corner of the United States and its territories. Girl Scouts of the USA also serves American girls and their classmates attending American or international schools overseas in 90 countries. For more information on how to join, volunteer, reconnect or donate to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, call 800-248-3355 or visit gswpa.org.