Call For Nominations -- Awards of Distinction (Pittsburgh)
Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania (GSWPA) will present the 2013 Awards of Distinction at a luncheon on, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at the Fairmont Pittsburgh in downtown Pittsburgh.
The event will recognize two Girl Scouts in the following categories:
Girl of Distinction
- is active in her community and education institution
- exhibits strong leadership efforts through school functions, Girl Scout activities
- continues to strive for higher learning
- emulates a healthy life style for herself
Girl Scout Humanitarian Award
- demonstrates outstanding volunteer community service
- promotes friendship, cooperation and community spirit among all people
- displays compassion, self-sacrifice, leadership, and creativity in her humanitarian work for their classmates, schools, communities or charitable organizations.
Nominees for both awards should be current Girl Scouts in high school grades 9-12 and should reside in the Allegheny, Beaver and Butler service areas.
Submission Requirements: Mail or email a letter of recommendation outlining the nominee’s leadership qualifications for a specific award. Please include a head shot photo to Allison Burns.
Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
30 Isabella Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Deadline for Submission: Friday, Dec.5, 2012
Honoree selections are the responsibility of the Awards of Distinction Committee, which is comprised of a diverse group of professional and community volunteers.
Recipients of the Girl Scout Girl of Distinction and Humanitarian award will receive a $500 scholarship toward her academic pursuits.