The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below.
Using VTK to guide virtual troop meetings
Keep troop meetings going with the Volunteer Toolkit. Troop leaders can log into Volunteer Toolkit and add badges, Journeys, and award meetings to their year plans. All parents/guardians in the troop will then be able to log into their Volunteer Toolkit and have access to the step-by-step meeting plans, videos, and printable materials for anything the troop leader has added! Another fun idea: pick a badge on the Volunteer Toolkit with simple supplies that girls can find at home and then have a virtual troop meeting using Google Hangouts or Skype.
Not sure how to get started? Download VTK Guidebooks and view training videos below. Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-248-3355.
Don’t forget! Indie girls and service unit managers have access to the Volunteer Toolkit, too!
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Meeting plan overview
- Setting up your year plan
- Setting meeting dates, times, and locations
- Customizing your year plan
Volunteer Toolkit Training Resources
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.