Location: Camp Skymeadow, Avonmore PA; Armstrong County
Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade, and our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. At Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, we’re committed to providing every girl the chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
If you have a passion for outdoor education, high adventure, and empowering girls and young women—and you have the experience to back it up, then we want you for our team!
As a Camp Director, you have the opportunity to create a high-quality camping experience that is girl-driven and girl-focused. You will work as a leader in the camp community to create a culture of empowerment and enthusiasm for all campers.
- plan, develop, and implement camp and extended outdoor programs that are girl-driven and girl-focused;
- ensure the emotional and physical safety of campers, staff and guests;
- manage all aspects of camp to include program planning and delivery, budget management, resource allocation, risk management, and supervision of seasonal program and camp staff;
- ensure that camp and outdoor program offerings are based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and leadership program outcomes;
- Minimum of bachelor degree in education, recreation, or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Camp Director;
- Experience in developing and facilitating outdoor education and program for youth;
- Certifications a plus or a willingness to get certified: First Aid, CPR, AED, archery, canoeing, kayaking, lifeguarding;
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and customer focused;
- Must possess a can-do mentality, be responsible, and be a lifelong learner;
- Travel is required throughout western PA;
- Evening and weekend work required on a regular basis;
- Required to live at camp June thru August each year;
This is a full-time position; clearances are required; visit our camp page for more information about each camp.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.