- Home »
Recent Volunteer News
Operation: Sweet Appreciation can now take donations online!...
Teach girls how to Be a Friend First (BFF)...
Operation: Sweet Appreciation sends Girl Scout cookies overseas to our Military....
A lack of role models, unhealthy images of beauty, peer pressure to not stand out, and a mean-girl culture are just some of the obstacles that stand between girls and their full potential. But now that you’re here, girls are one step closer to breaking down those barriers.
Become a volunteer and choose a way to participate that fits in your calendar, your skills and your interests. Your time as a volunteer will provide girls the free and safe environment they need to pursue whatever interests, causes and leadership roles are most important to them. With your support, girls will stand up, stand out and stand tall.
Explore what being a volunteer could mean for you. We know what it means for girls.
Learn What Our Volunteers Say about giving back through Girl Scouting.
Use this Volunteers section for all your Volunteer needs. Here are some highlights:
- Our new Volunteer News lets you know important trainings, events and opportunities exclusively for our volunteers.
- Access our calendar, called Things to Do for all our events and trainings too!
- Places to Go replaces our Certificates of Insurance.
- Training Programs gives you info on our new Trainings by Request.
- Girl Scout Special Days & Traditions walks you through everything from ceremonies to SWAPS.
- Looking for more on Journeys & Girls Guides to Girl Scouting
- Adult Awards are a wonderful way to honor our volunteers' hard work. All you need to nominate your deserving volunteer is here.
- Consider sponsoring women in leadership by joining us at our annual Special Events
Volunteer Support Webinars
Hear from experts about what works and share your ideas. This is a great support opportunity for volunteers to get your questions answered. Each webinar is an opportunity to learn more about a specific topic or theme. Contact us for more information.
Mark your calendar for the following dates:
- January 17 Come Camping with Us!
- February 21 Happy Birthday Girl Scouts
- March 21 Volunteer Today
- April 18 Online Registration--An Easy Guide
- May 16 Your Training Needs
- August 15 New Troop Leader 101, Retail Process