Girl Scouting 101
This training is the first close-up view of the Girl Scout organization for all new volunteers, so it must be completed before volunteers begin working with girls.This engaging online session sets the foundation for:
- Introduction and Welcome — provide instructions on how to navigate the site
- About Girl Scouts — presents Girl Scout Mission, Promise and Law, history, and membership requirements
- Girl Scout Pathways — illustrates various ways that members participate
- Program — the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and the three keys to leadership: discover - connect - take action, and the three processes: girl-led, learning by doing, cooperative learning
- Support for Volunteers — provides resources and support that is available for volunteers and be thanked
Please note: this site is password protected. So, be sure to contact us if you need your password!
IT Specs for PC or Mac:
- Flash 8 or 9
- Sound Card
- Disable Pop- up Blocker
- High- Speed Internet Connect
- Headphones are optional
Course is available online and will be available in the classroom.