For the safety of our girls, all individuals volunteering with Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania are required to complete several background checks, including Pennsylvania clearances under Act 153.
Once you complete your Volunteer Application, the following clearances/checks must be completed:
1. Complete your National Criminal Background Check by logging on to our secure volunteer portal (free):
2. Complete your Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (free)
3. Complete your Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check (free)
4. Complete and sign the PA State Clearance Affidavit (free)
5. If you've lived outside Pennsylvania anytime in the past 10 years, you'll also need to complete an FBI Criminal Background Check. Please read the below instructions and if you are unsure or have any questions, contact us directly at 800-248-3355 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
6. Send copies of completed PA Child Abuse History and Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check (as well as FBI Criminal Background Check if applicable) to:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-248-3355 with any questions.