Looking for a form? Our forms library is searchable by category or keyword.
Online Support for Volunteers
We’ve got you, Girl Scout volunteers!
When you volunteer with Girl Scouts, you’ll uncover new strengths and build on them. And we’re here to help you shine.
Check out these online resources and training courses that you can access whenever, wherever to make the most of your volunteer experience.
My GS is your Girl Scout home base and how you access other great tools to manage the Girl Scout experience for your family and troop! By logging into My GS in the upper right-hand corner you can:
- Manage your Girl Scout membership and all the memberships in your household and troop(s).
- Find exciting in-person and virtual events for your Girl Scout, your family, or your troop to attend.
- Maintain your contact information, preferences and manage any changes within your troop.
- Access essential tools like the Volunteer Toolkit and gsLearn to make your Girl Scout volunteer experience a breeze!
The Volunteer Toolkit is your official source for delivering easy, fun troop meetings year-round! This fully customizable digital planning tool is accessible on any computer, tablet, or mobile device and provides you with Girl Scout program content, award requirements, and other resources.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- View the troop roster and email families with one click.
- View badges, Journeys and awards for all program levels including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Explore meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
The Volunteer Toolkit isn’t just for troop leaders!
Caregivers and administrative volunteers can have access too.
- Caregivers of Girl Scouts in a troop can see troop financial reports, download their attendance and achievement record and stay up-to-date on the great things the troop is doing throughout the year.
- Individually registered Girl Scouts and their caregivers can access badges, Journeys and awards to take charge of their experience individually.
- Administrative volunteers can see a demo version of the Volunteer Tookit to see all the programming available to troops and families, as well as provide support and training to their local volunteers.
Ready to learn more?
Check out the Volunteer Toolkit trainings in gsLearn before you start.Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to login and access gsLearn and the Volunteer Toolkit.
Check out our easy-access trainings available on YouTube!
gsLearn is Girl Scouts’ official online and on demand training platform. Confident leaders are prepared leaders, and these online learnings will give you all the info you need to be a great troop leader.
gsLearn isn’t just for volunteers! All members have access to this great tool. Click on myGS in the upper right-hand corner to login and check it out.
Zoom is an easy, reliable video conferencing and messaging platform with powerful security, that works across mobile and desktop devices. Safely meet with your Girl Scouts and families through virtual meetings to stay in-touch when meeting in-person is difficult. GsZoom is our unique partnership with Zoom organization to provide this essential product at a vastly reduced price point for our volunteers.
Think virtual meetings are for you? Contact us to get started!
This publication, updated yearly, includes all the basics you need—including forms and ideas. If you have a question, Volunteer Essentials is your primary resource.
Want to know what you should be doing with your troop from month to month? Just need an idea for a simple craft or activity? Check out our collection of helpful and fun resources to make your Girl Scout year amazing.
Your Own Program
Want to organize an activity with your troop or service unit at a time, date or place that works for your schedule? No problem!
Rallyhood is a group collaboration platform that helps to streamline communications, and make communication among GSWPA volunteers, parents and staff easier and fun!
Sites & Facilities
To ensure the safety of our members, sites and facilities offering "high-adventure" activities must provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance as evidence that they carry the required amount of liability coverage.
Troop Catalog Update Form
Do you have open spots for girls and/or volunteers in your troop, or do you just need to update your troop's information? Fill out the Troop Catalog Update Form whenever you need to let us know of a change!
Song Resource Guide
All you need to teach your girls three classic Girl Scout camp songs, including printable lyrics, audio files and videos—complete with dance moves! And find out how to incorporate camp songs into Girl Scout Journeys at every level.
Safety Activity Checkpoints
Safety Activity Checkpoints provide in-depth safety information and tips that adult volunteers use for Girl Scout sports and activities. Girls can also use these checkpoints to ready their group for a girl-led activity. When preparing for any activity with girls, always begin with the Safety Activity Checkpoints (SACs) written specifically for that particular activity.
Note: "Adult,” in reference to adult-to-girl ratio, means a registered and approved adult volunteer with GSWPA, who has completed the volunteer screening process.
Girl Scout Champions play a vital role in helping to spread the word about how awesome it is to be a Girl Scout! Girl Scout Champions introduce Girl Scouting to new girls and adults within their own communities whether it be hosting local events, sending information to schools, or just bringing flyers and brochures to libraries. Girl Scout Champions have the power to educate their community about how both girls and adults can join Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania!